Artificial intelligence has a massive transformative potential
Artificial intelligence applications are being increasingly applied across the EU financial sector whether front or back-office. Applications offer significant benefits for institutions in enhancing efficiencies in traditionally time-consuming processes, such as customer onboarding, credit scoring, suspicious transactions monitoring, and regulatory reporting.
The technologies are also being leveraged to fundamentally change the way financial services are carried out – with AI applications in the securities and markets context transforming trading, and applications increasingly applied in the retail sphere – allowing for the leveraging of new data sources and so-called ‘Big Data’ to tailor better products to consumers’ needs.
With increasing adoption comes increasing scrutiny from supervisors. How to build compliant solutions?
Understand the supervisory expectations for compliance
Learn about the rationale and key components of the European Commission’s proposal for the AI Act and work of the European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs) in supporting convergence in supervisory acceptance of and expectations towards AI applications across the EU, including key pillars around the ethical use of data, and reliability, predictability and explainability of technical solutions.
This executive short course is conceived and taught by leading academics, policy makers and practitioners in this field. Get their first-hand insights and embed your knowledge through breakout sessions designed to highlight key factors for consideration when rolling-out or scrutinising AI solutions in the EU financial sector.
The number of available seats for this in-person training is limited. Early registrations are encouraged.
Training dates: 2023
and be notified whenever we have updates on this course.
Training dates: 2023
The number of available seats for this in-person training is limited to 30.
Full/reduced: 1400,00/800,00* € (net of VAT)
Payment in three instalments possible
* The reduced fee of 800,00 € is available for employees of the public administration and of NGOs, and for full-time faculty and at public universities (evidence required).
Facts about this training
Training type: Executive short course
Format: in-person @ Institute for Law and Finance, Frankfurt
Online participation: via video link
Target jurisdictions: EU, EEA, CH
Certificate issued by: Institute for Law and Finance, University of Frankfurt
The European Digital Finance Programme is a collaboration of
What will I learn?
‘AI in financial services: navigating supervisory expectations’ comprehensively covers the key elements of the EU’s approach towards the use of AI in the EU financial sector and will enable you to apply the approach in practice whether you are in-house, advising industry, or acting for a supervisory authority.
Our course instructors have designed a practical programme to help participants…
- Gain familiarity with key use cases of AI applications in the EU financial sector, including applications in the banking, insurance and securities markets contexts
- Understand the policy rationales underpinning the AI Act and its key pillars
- Navigate with confidence supervisory expectations, including regarding the use of data and the predictability and explainability of AI solutions
- Understand the key implementation challenges for industry and supervisors
- Understand the role of the EC and ESAs and ongoing thematic work
- Familiarise with ongoing policy developments in Europe and internationally
Should I participate?
You will benefit from this programme if you are an experienced practitioner, supervisor or policy maker and would like to further boost your confidence in respect of all issues regarding the crypto market and its regulation in the EU, EEA or Switzerland, in particular if you are
- A professional who wants to make an impact on the success of their organisation
- Currently working in, or moving to, a role involving entrepreneurial, strategic, regulatory, supervisor, legal or policy questions regarding financial services, in particular relating to crypto-assets
- A recent graduate of an advanced university programme (Masters, PhD) with a relevant specialisation (speak to one of our advisors)
- Curious to engage with a stimulating and inspiring training and happy to invest 1.5 days to advance your career
Frequently asked questions
You will receive an email confirmation with a link to a PDF voucher which includes all relevant information and your registration number. Upon receipt of this document, your seat is secured and you will not need any further confirmation. Please bring the voucher (print out or electronically) for registration on the first day.
ANDREAS CAHN (HOST)
Goethe University Frankfurt and ILF Executive Director
CLARA MARTINS PEREIRA (LEAD INSTRUCTOR)
Católica School of Law, Lisbon
PHILIPP PAECH (LEAD INSTRUCTOR)
MEET YOUR FACULTY
Lead instructors and contributors are internationally renowned thought leaders in crypto regulation
If you have any questions in relation to this event, please contact us.