MiCA is coming …
The European ‘Markets in crypto-assets regulation’ (MiCA) is currently in its final phase of negotiation. MiCA is widely regarded as a milestone in regulating crypto markets, not only within the EU but globally: it is the first comprehensive regime for crypto-assets enacted in any major financial market and has the potential to inspire regulation in other parts of the world, very much as GDPR did.
MiCA will soon become a core component of the EU financial regulation and practitioners and supervisors alike will need to be familiar with the requirements for crypto-asset products and related services. Skilful navigation of its scope, intersection with other laws such ad MiFID and the EMD, and obligations for incumbent financial institutions and new entrants will be key.
… understand the MiCA framework and secure compliance by design
The core components of MiCA relating to both issuance of crypto-assets and crypto-asset services show some significant parallels with other parts of the regulatory rule book. However, they differ in many respects. For you, it is vital to grasp the relevant concepts and to be able to translate them into usable knowledge whether in-house, as an external advisor, or in a supervisory role. Learn too about eligibility for and application of the flagship DLT Pilot Regime for securities markets infrastructure.
This executive short course is conceived and taught by leading academics and policy makers in this field. Get their first hand insights, combined with coveted knowledge shared by industry insiders and specialists from regulatory and supervisory authorities.
Training dates: 2023
and be notified whenever we have updates on this course.
Training dates: 2023
The number of available seats for this in-person training is limited to 30, therefore early enrolment is recommended, once registration opens.
Full/reduced: 1400,00/800,00* € (net of VAT)
Payment in three instalments possible
* The reduced fee of 800,00 € is available for employees of the public administration and of NGOs, and for full-time faculty and at public universities (evidence required).
Facts about this training
Format: in-person @ Institute for Law and Finance, Frankfurt
Online participation: via video link
Target jurisdictions: EU, EEA, CH
Certificate issued by: Institute for Law and Finance, University of Frankfurt
The European Digital Finance Programme is a collaboration of
What will I learn?
‘Mastering MiCA and the Crypto-market’ comprehensively covers current developments in the crypto market and breaks down the key components of MiCA and other European regulations that apply to the various products, services and ecosystems. It also explores the EU Commission’s flagship DLT Pilot Regime.
Our course instructors have designed a practice-oriented programme to help participants…
- Gain analytical skills regarding the regulatory classification of crypto-related products or services
- Navigate with confidence the fast evolving global ecosystem of crypto-asset service providers
- Learn to identify the opportunities created by the use of novel technologies (in particular blockchain/DLT) as a carrier for financial assets
- Understand the key risks in relation to crypto-market products and services (e.g., consumer, systemic, AML, governance)
- Acquire a sound understanding of the core components of MiCA and how they apply to financial institutions and other crypto-asset services providers
- Make use of a holistic view of the relevant regulatory framework, including MiCA, MiFID, EMD, and CRD
- Reflect on ongoing evolutions in the crypto asset market, including DeFi applications and newer types of crypto products, such as NFTs
- Gain confidence in understanding eligibility for the DLT Pilot Regime and identify the opportunities it offers
- Familiarise with ongoing policy developments at the international and other key jurisdiction levels
Should I participate?
You will benefit from this programme if you are an experienced practitioner, supervisor or policy maker and would like to further boost your confidence in respect of all issues regarding the crypto market and its regulation in the EU, EEA or Switzerland, in particular if you are
- A professional who wants to make an impact on the success of their organisation
- Currently working in, or moving to, a role involving entrepreneurial, strategic, regulatory, supervisor, legal or policy questions regarding financial services, in particular relating to crypto-assets
- A recent graduate of an advanced university programme (Masters, PhD) with a relevant specialisation (speak to one of our advisors)
- Curious to engage with a stimulating and inspiring training and happy to invest 1.5 days to advance your career
Frequently asked questions
You will receive an email confirmation with a link to a PDF voucher which includes all relevant information and your registration number. Upon receipt of this document, your seat is secured and you will not need any further confirmation. Please bring the voucher (print out or electronically) for registration on the first day.
HENDRIK HAAG (HOST)
Hengeler Mueller (retired), member ILF Executive Board
ELISABETH NOBLE (LEAD INSTRUCTOR)
European Banking Authority
PHILIPP PAECH (LEAD INSTRUCTOR)
London School of Economics, Director of EDFP
CHRISTOPHER BUTTIGIEG (CONTRIBUTING EXPERT)
Malta Financial Services Authority
JULIEN NIVOT (CONTRIBUTING EXPERT)
ANNE CHONÉ (CONTRIBUTING EXPERT)
FILIPPO ANNUNZIATA (CONTRIBUTING EXPERT)
Università Luigi Bocconi Milan
PETER KERSTENS (CONTRIBUTING EXPERT)
HANS KUHN (CONTRIBUTING EXPERT)
Digital Assets Legal Advisors LLC
MEET YOUR FACULTY
Lead instructors and contributors are internationally renowned thought leaders in crypto regulation
If you have any questions in relation to this event, please contact us.