MiCA is coming …
The European ‘Markets in crypto-assets regulation’ (MiCA) is currently in its final phase of negotiation. MiCA is widely regarded as a milestone in regulating crypto markets, not only within the EU but globally: it is the first comprehensive regime for crypto-assets enacted in any major financial market and has the potential to inspire regulation in other parts of the world, very much as GDPR did.
MiCA will soon become a core component of the EU financial regulation and practitioners and supervisors alike will need to be familiar with the requirements for crypto-asset products and related services. Skilful navigation of its scope, intersection with other laws such ad MiFID and the EMD, and obligations for incumbent financial institutions and new entrants will be key.
… understand the MiCA framework and secure compliance by design
The core components of MiCA relating to both issuance of crypto-assets and crypto-asset services show some significant parallels with other parts of the regulatory rule book. However, they differ in many respects. For you, it is vital to grasp the relevant concepts and to be able to translate them into usable knowledge whether in-house, as an external advisor, or in a supervisory role. Learn too about eligibility for and application of the flagship DLT Pilot Regime for securities markets infrastructure.
This executive short course is conceived and taught by leading academics and policy makers in this field. Get their first hand insights, combined with coveted knowledge shared by industry insiders and specialists from regulatory and supervisory authorities.
The number of available seats for this in-person training is limited. Early registrations are encouraged.
Training dates: 9/10 September 2022
You need to register to attend our webinars
Facts about this training
- Training type: Executive short course
- Begins: Friday, 9 September 2022, 14:00
- Ends: Saturday, 10 September 2022, 16:30
- Format: In-person
- [Remote participation: not available, DO NOT INCLUDE FOR THE TIME BEING]
- Venue: Institute for Law and Finance, House of Finance, Goethe University Frankfurt, Campus Westend
- Course fee: 1400,00 € (net of VAT), or 800 € (net of VAT) reduced*
- Language: English
- Target jurisdictions: EU, EEA, CH
- Certificate issued by: Institute for Law and Finance, University of Frankfurt
- Certificate accredited by: CPD
* The reduced fee is available for employees in public administration and NGOs, and for full-time faculty at public universities (evidence required)
The European Digital Finance Programme is a collaboration of
What will I learn?
‘Mastering MiCA and the Crypto-market’ comprehensively covers current developments in the crypto market and breaks down the key components of MiCA and other European regulation apply to the various products, services and ecosystems. It also explores EU Commission’s flagship DLT Pilot Regime.
Our course instructors have designed a practice-oriented programme to help participants…
- Gain analytical skills regarding the regulatory classification of crypto-related products or services
- Navigate with confidence the fast evolving global ecosystem of crypto-asset service providers
- Learn to identify the opportunities created by the use of novel technologies (in particular blockchain/DLT) as a carrier for financial assets
- Understand the key risks in relation to crypto-market products and services (e.g., consumer, systemic, AML, governance)
- Acquire a sound understanding of the core components of MiCA and how they apply to financial institutions and other crypto-asset services providers
- Make use of a holistic view of the relevant regulatory framework, including MiCA, MiFID, EMD, and CRD
- Reflect on ongoing evolutions in the crypto asset market, including DeFi applications and newer types of crypto products, such as NFTs
- Gain confidence in understanding eligibility for the DLT Pilot Regime and identify the opportunities it offers
- Familiarise with ongoing policy developments at the international and other key jurisdiction levels
Download BrochureFind a detailed breakdown of modules and lessons and information on case studies, instructors and expert contributors.
After registering for the download you will receive an e-mail with your free pdf and our future e-mail updates on your course program and blog articles, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. If you do not receive an email from us in a few minutes, please also check your spam folder.
Should you prefer not receive our e-mail updates you can alternatively request your free pdf using the contact form.
Should I participate?
You will benefit from this programme if you are an experienced practitioner, supervisor or policy maker and would like to further boost your confidence in respect of all issues regarding the crypto market and its regulation in the EU, EEA or Switzerland, in particular if you are
- An early or mid-career professional who wants to make an impact on the success of their organisation
- Currently working in, or moving to, a role involving entrepreneurial, strategic, regulatory, supervisor, legal or policy questions regarding financial services, in particular relating to crypto-assets
- A recent graduate of an advanced university programme (Masters, PhD) with a relevant specialisation (speak to one of our advisors)
- Curious to engage with a stimulating and inspiring training and happy to invest 1.5 days to advance your career
Frequently asked questions
You will receive an email confirmation with a link to a PDF voucher which includes all relevant information and your registration number. Upon receipt of this document, your seat is secured and you will not need any further confirmation. Please bring the voucher (print out or electronically) for registration on the first day.
HENDRIK HAAG (HOST)
Partner Hengeler Mueller (retired), member ILF Executive Board
ANDREAS CAHN (HOST)
Goethe University Frankfurt and ILF Executive Director
STEFAN BERGER (KEYNOT SPEAKER, TBC)
ELISABETH NOBLE (LEAD INSTRUCTOR)
European Banking Authority
PHILIPP PAECH (PROGRAMME DIRECTOR)
London School of Economics
JENNIFER ANISTON (CONTRIBUTING EXPERT)
20th Century Fox
ROBERT DE NIRO (CONTRIBUTING EXPERT)
Metro Goldwin Mayer
HALLE BERRY (CONTRIBUTING EXPERT)
WILL SMITH (CONTRIBUTING EXPERT)
MERYL STREEP (CONTRIBUTING EXPERT)
If you have any questions in relation to this event, please contact us.