Operational resilience in the spotlight…
The new Digital Operational Resilience Act (DORA) is intended to substantially strengthen levels of operational resilience across the financial sector, standardising requirements for a wide range of ‘financial entities’ within its scope.
DORA will also fundamentally change the scope of the supervisory perimeter in Europe by bringing within the scope of EU-level oversight critical third-party providers (CTPPs) of information and communication technology (ICT) services, including the so-called BigTechs.
However, the success of the regime will depend on the industry’s capacity to implement regulatory and supervisory expectations.
… understand the DORA framework and stay ahead of the curve!
Learn about the key pillars of DORA and navigate with confidence the requirements for financial entities and CTPPs, including BigTechs. Learn too about the ground-breaking new EU-level oversight structure for CTPPs, including the approaches to identifying CTPPs and the arrangements for oversight by the European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs), including the new decision-making structures.
This strategy workshop is conceived and taught by leading academics, policy makers and practitioners in this field. Get their first-hand insights and embed your knowledge through breakout sessions designed to highlight the key requirements for financial entities and CTPPs.
The number of available seats for this in-person training is limited. Early registrations are encouraged.
Training dates: 2023
and be notified whenever we have updates on this course.
Training dates: 2023
The number of available seats for this in-person training is limited to 30.
Full/reduced: 1400,00/800,00* € (net of VAT)
Payment in three instalments possible
* The reduced fee of 800,00 € is available for employees of the public administration and of NGOs, and for full-time faculty and at public universities (evidence required).
Facts about this training
Training type: Executive short course
Format: in-person @ Institute for Law and Finance, Frankfurt
Online participation: via video link
Target jurisdictions: EU, EEA, CH
Certificate issued by: Institute for Law and Finance, University of Frankfurt
The European Digital Finance Programme is a collaboration of
What will I learn?
‘DORA – Delivering operational resilience in practice’ comprehensively covers the key pillars of DORA and explores the implications for financial entities and CTPPs, including for BigTechs and equips you to apply the regime in practice whether you are in-house, advising industry, or acting for a supervisory authority.
Our course instructors have designed a practical programme to help participants…
- Understand the policy rationales underpinning DORA
- Navigate with confidence the scope of DORA and its application to the financial and technology sectors
- Gain familiarity with the key requirements applicable to financial entities and CTPPs
- Understand the key implementation challenges for industry and supervisors
- Understand the role of the ESAs and new structures for oversight
- Familiarise with ongoing policy developments in Europe and internationally
Should I participate?
You will benefit from this programme if you are an experienced practitioner, supervisor or policy maker and would like to further boost your confidence in respect of all issues regarding the crypto market and its regulation in the EU, EEA or Switzerland, in particular if you are
- A professional who wants to make an impact on the success of their organisation
- Currently working in, or moving to, a role involving entrepreneurial, strategic, regulatory, supervisor, legal or policy questions regarding financial services, in particular relating to crypto-assets
- A recent graduate of an advanced university programme (Masters, PhD) with a relevant specialisation (speak to one of our advisors)
- Curious to engage with a stimulating and inspiring training and happy to invest 1.5 days to advance your career
Frequently asked questions
You will receive an email confirmation with a link to a PDF voucher which includes all relevant information and your registration number. Upon receipt of this document, your seat is secured and you will not need any further confirmation. Please bring the voucher (print out or electronically) for registration on the first day.
HENDRIK HAAG (HOST)
Hengeler Mueller (retired), member ILF Executive Board
PHILIPP PAECH (EDFP DIRECTOR)
London School of Economics
MEET YOUR FACULTY
Lead instructors and contributors are internationally renowned thought leaders in crypto regulation
If you have any questions in relation to this event, please contact us.